Saturday 11 May 2013

Telescope down the rabbit hole.

Now I'm back in the UK, peering through the looking glass to South Georgia to find out what my Mad Ratter chums are up to requires all the magic of Lewis Carroll's imagination.

I've left them as winter encroaches on the Island. I had a little taste of a winter storm down there in March. Life must be pretty hard now for the Ratters, all under canvas at Rosita, patiently waiting for any weather window to finish the baiting process.

They are tantalisingly close to successful completion of this years mammoth task.

Just 12 more hours of flying with the 3 aircraft will get the job done! Talk about a cliffhanger finish.


The Mad Hatter:
"Have I gone Mad?"

Alice:
"I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”

Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland 


No comments:

Post a Comment